Everything to Know About Infantile Colic!
If the child cries for more than three hours for at least three days, the caregivers must consult a pediatrician in Islamabad. Infantile colic refers to the excessive crying of a healthy baby. The caregivers may observe the child crying for three hours for days without any physical condition. Baby of six weeks and above are more prone to suffer from colic.
The symptoms of infantile colic are:
● The baby has an episode of crying for three hours at night for a week.
● The caregivers may notice that the child pulls the legs towards the stomach.
● The expressions of the child can help diagnose the condition. The child has a wrinkled brow most of the time, and the hand hands remain clenched.
The caregivers need to monitor the body movements of the child to ensure that there is no hindrance in the development. Additionally, it is necessary to understand the cause of infantile colic. The causes of the condition include:
● The child may be suffering from constipation. The intestinal discomfort can cause the child to cry at night and remain agitated.
● The child may be lactose intolerant causing discomfort and suffering. Gastrointestinal cramping can cause discomfort and pain.
● The child may suffer from anal fissures causing discomfort and leading to excessive crying at night.
● A subdural hematoma can cause the child to remain anxious and agitated, leading to excessive crying at night.
● Mothers who do not breastfeed their children may notice the symptoms of infantile colic. The development of antibodies due to the bovine protein in cow milk can cause discomfort.
Caregivers must monitor the child’s development. To avoid constipation and crying; the caregivers must:
● The mothers should understand the needs of the child and avoid overfeeding.
● Putting a mildly warm bottle on the stomach can help with the discomfort.
● The mothers should change the child’s position and put them flat on the stomach, as it helps to force out the gas from the stomach and provide relief.
● Mothers who notice stomach gas problems can use colic drops after breastfeeding.
● Breastfeeding mothers should monitor their diet. Some foods can cause the child to suffer from constipation and related problems.
The complication associated with the condition include:
● The child may remain lethargic and agitated. It can affect the mother’s health. The caregivers are prone to suffer from anxiousness due to excessive worrying.
● The child’s development may be hindered without the treatment.
To diagnose the child with colic, the specialist will monitor the behavior of the child and identify the causes of the condition. Additionally, the specialist will rule out the other possibilities that may correlate with the symptoms.
The caregivers can help by:
● The mothers should either breastfeed or use hydrolyzed formula rather than cow milk to avoid complications.
● Mothers should maintain healthy dietary habits by consuming organic foods rather than sweetened and processed food.
Mothers can become anxious due to the child’s behavior. It is essential to seek help from a child specialist at Kulsum International Hospital. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to identify the illness and then determine the cause of the disease. It will help treat the child and enhance their physical and mental development without further complications.
- Automotive (2)
- Business (29)
- Digital Marketing (7)
- Education (19)
- Entertainment (6)
- Fashion (6)
- General (32)
- Health (10)
- Home & Garden (17)
- Lifestyle (10)
- Marketing (2)
- Safety and Security (2)
- Social Media (2)
- Sports (31)
- Technology (10)
- Travel (1)
Leave a Reply